Monday 9 March 2009

D&AD Portfolio Surgery

On Wednesday 25th Feb I attended the D&AD Portfolio Surgery at Urbis in Manchester. My portfolio was looked at by two creative directors from Elmwood design. I got great feedback about how to structure my portfolio and editing down ideas. I gained feedback on my Dulux (Final Major Project) and Berghaus (YCN brief) and how both briefs can be developed and pushed. I was encouraged to try placements / portfolio viewings at both advertising and design agencies to gain experience in both fields and also design my portfolio with both subjects in mind.

Some great feedback in the 20 minute spot and also discussed our plans for the End of Year shows.
I was also encouraged to use the book format for my portfolio as it stood out from the rest which were shown in either A3 portfolios or photography boxes as they found it unnecessary and distracted from the work inside the portfolio, especially with the photography box as they believe you can actually over-design the portfolio.

No comments: