Monday 9 March 2009

MWO - Natasha Freedman / Steve


On Wednesday 4th March I visited the advertising agency MWO in London where I met Natasha Freedman (an ex Stockport Student) and her Art Director Steve. I visited the studio where a staff birthday party was being held so the atmosphere was relaxed. I chatted with Steve and Tash and gained fantastic feedback for my portfolio. Steve commented on my portfolio and told me that it was an outstanding portfolio for a third year student. The whole chat was filled with compliments about my work and ways to push and extend further ideas. They were confident with the work for the YCN Berghaus brief and enjoyed my Daddies Tomato Ketchup brief, they explained how good it was to have a diverse range of work (graphics and advertising) and different tones of work from humour to serious editorials. Steve commentated on how unique it was to see a booklet form portfolio, and not to see the obvious A3 portfolio or photography box. This comment was also taken on board the week before at the D&AD portfolio surgery where Elmwood also commented on having a book as you can actually feel the quality of paper and it also shows that it has been considered and designed.

The viewing went brilliantly and I couldn't believe the feedback what I was hearing. The viewing gave me confidence and more determination. Steve and Natasha both told me to return with my third year portfolio and to also keep in contact. Steve told me to email him with more ideas for the Dulux brief and he agreed to give me more feedback on any projects and advice.
I was ecstatic by the way it went and found MWO as a very professional but enjoyable, layed back atmosphere.

Here is an email which I received after sending a Thank You email.

No comments: