Wednesday 1 April 2009

Steve Owen - McCann Erickson - Love



I have been in contact with Steve Owen a former student at Stockport College. I have recently discovered that Steve has moved from McCann Erickson to Love. Steve studied Graphic Design however he never thought he would end up working for such a prestigious advertising agency. I love the work of McCann worldwide, I would also love to see some of the work that Steve has produced for McCann Erickson and I am curious to why he has left to move to Love. I contacted Steve to gain information on his experiences since leaving university and also whether he had any opinions on ideas and the differences between graphic design and advertising. I asked these questions for feedback for my Critical Journal as I wrote the journal about my confusion between graphic design and advertising and what would best suit me when I enter the industry. I feel confident in contacting Steve and he has also seen some of my work from last year. I have contacted Steve with a few general questions as I know he will be extremely busy at Love. He has agreed to answer the questions and I am also going to ask him in a few months time whether there are dramatic differences with the agencies and the work he is producing for them, I am still awaiting his reply to the questions.

No comments: